£300-380 a day, 3 months +
Client Side, Freelance
South East England
Bring your UX and e-commerce experience to join a digital studio in house at a large FMCG brand. Berkshire location.
Well known FMCG business with 40,000 employees internationally and UK head office in Berkshire needs a UX specialist to help re-define the brands e-commerce and info sites and bring best practice to bear. A spirit of ambition and entrepreneurialism is inherent in the business
Joining a newly formed digital team in house you will work alongside search, CRM, data analyst and web development specialists.
The interface design is done by a separate content design team and you will input to their briefs. You might come from a digital design or web production background and you will have a folio to demonstrate experience in wireframing and ideally prototyping. A visual aesthete you will know what good looks like and be able to guide and inform the design team.
Recent e-commerce experience (ideally Shopify) is a must so you can bring your UX experience to bear in a transactional site environment. You'll know how to make the shopping cart and check out experience as seamless as possible for instance.
As part of your role you will:
· Recommend and execute improvements to drive user experience improvements, including conversion rate optimisation
· Work with support networks within the business, such as technical support teams to execute improvements and fixes to websites
· Engage with, and interpret, data from reporting platforms on website performance
· Work with brand stakeholders, when required, in executing brand digital strategies on-site, in other owned digital platforms (e.g. etail sites)
On site parking, subsided cafe and on site shop.
Will be an upbeat, driven, digital evangelist with good stakeholder management experience. You'll 'get' consumer brands and what the consumer looks for at both etail and informational site level.
· Experience in website content improvements
· Experience wireframing and designing website page/asset layouts
· Experience creating website navigation schema
· Understanding of principles behind Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
· Experience of using analytics tools to find insights for website improvements
· Understanding of project management principles and a strong drive to deliver results
· An understanding of technical SEO
· Use of CMSs – Shopify a plus
· Experience with Information Architecture and sitemaps
· Experience of working with FMCG and health care brands
· Use of SEO industry standard toolsets such as Screaming frog and Majestic a bonus
· Use of Google Optimise
· Understanding of website programming languages, e.g. HTML & CSS
· Image editing, and use of tools such as InDesign and Photoshop
If a Berkshire location suits you and you are free for a rolling 3 month contract please send your CV and folio to: email@example.com.
Design, Digital Marketing
Digital Design & Creative, Fmcg, Retail