Salary: upto £186 per day / 6 months / 3 days per week Location: Greater London,Central London Job Type: Freelance
The perfect role for anyone with external communications experience in building,public sector or policy development
Our client is one of the world's top universities and a leading member of London's educational and research community as well as a driver of innovation and enterprise with significant reach across the university and beyond.
In the role of Engagement Manager you will be working to position one of the university's faculties as the centre of interdisciplinary research and insights both in terms of other university faculties as well as external stakeholder partners and organisations including central government and industry bodies.
The aim of the programme is to coordinate a vast network into one research centre which can provide national and international leadership on building development, policy, innovations, sustainability etc.
The role will focus on external relations and communications - working with the community and research network both internally and externally, provide guidance on communications strategy to the advisory panel, manage a range of content for both on and off channels including website, email and social media as well as media relations, branding and a programme of events.
The role has an immediate start and will run through to end February 2022 on a 3 day a week basis.
In order to be considered for the role of Engagement Manager, you will need
- to be able to demonstrate significant experience of both internal and external communications at a senior level across both on and offline channels
- to have experience of working with a range of stakeholders in public policy, professional and/or private sectors in science, construction innovation or similar industries or higher education
- to have a proven background in working in a large organisation in a cross functional capacity
- to be able to show your experience in using a range of on and offline channels to develop communication strategies and complex messaging
- to have excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- to be able to start immediately or not have a notice period longer than 4 weeks
- to have valid working rights for the UK