Salary: £29,000-£36,000 Location: Greater London Job Type: Permanent
Are you a highly capable writer with experience of pitching to journalists and handling reactive press enquiries?
Our client is a leading property management company who are recognised as one of the UK´s top employers. Their brand covers both B2B and B2C.
Working as part of a busy press office, you'll ensure that stories are covered by key journalists at an industry, local and national level and that reactive issues are handled efficiently and effectively. You'll also collaborate with internal teams to find human interest and community stories relevant to consumer media. The role also involves creating compelling and differentiated thought leadership for key industry, client and investor audiences.
Key responsibilities include:
- successfully delivering PR activity reaching both B2C and B2B audiences across trade, local and national publications and media platforms
- proactively identifying opportunities and influential content for future features, articles, content and comments to pitch to press
- taking a holistic approach to opportunities and stories, identifying suitable opportunities to make greater use of video, photo and infographics to maximise impact.
- writing articles, press releases and statements for both proactive and reactive PR activity
- supporting customer-facing departments with editing and/or drafting sensitive customer communications and Q&As
- representing and championing the voice of the customer and/or client when reviewing and editing sensitive communications
- liaising with journalists on the phone and by email, and ensuring the brand is well represented in communications handled by the press office, both proactive and reactive
- handling media enquiries appropriately, including some out of hours support
The successful candidate will have
- previous experience in PR and external communications roles, ideally in a services organisation
- experience working in a press office environment and managing reactive communications
- experience liaising with journalists and pitching stories and commentary
- a natural writer and articulate communicator with high levels of attention to detail