1993 to now: non-stop! The Why, the What and the How of Stopgap
You might have heard of us. We're Stopgap. The people behind your people.
We turn endings into new beginnings. And we've been doing this since our Founder Claire Owen decided to put a stop to bad work days for marketers in 1993. An ex-marketing professional herself, she took an informed, creative and dynamic approach to helping other marketers achieve their career aspirations.
Challenging the recruitment industry's reputation for bad practice and poor service and determined to run and grow a company that cares about and truly looks after its staff, Claire's passion has inspired the Stopgap team to do one simple thing: to make people happy and fulfilled in their careers today so that we're inspired to do it again tomorrow.
We do this by:
- Being human. We're interested, we listen, we understand.
- Specialising in marketing and digital roles with highly experienced sector-specific consultants.
- Committing to coaching and supporting our candidates before, during and after placements.
- Offering a great service that's highly recommended by individuals and employers alike.
- Adapting to specific market needs: graduates to executives, freelance to permanent, in-house to agency, B2B to B2C, traditional to digital, we've got it covered.
- Maintaining a uniquely positive and collaborative culture which fuels happiness and success.
- Being the dynamic approach to managing career progression that the marketing and digital sector deserves.
Whether you're known to us or new to us, starting out, switching focus or slowing down, we make someone's day, every day.
Check out our current roles, regular employers, candidate stories, career advice or simply register and we'll be in touch.