An FMCG beverages company were looking for an Arabic speaking SBM who would be based in Dubai to drive their Middle East business. They had been let down by a candidate pulling out, and were looking for help finding an alternative.
What did we do to fill the brief?
- Our long and close relationship with their recruitment team meant we got an excellent briefing and great feedback on candidates submitted.
- We searched our extensive candidate talent pool for the specific experience required.
- We advertised the role on our website and job boards but in this instance, our best candidates came via LinkedIn advertising.
- We vetted over 80 applicants from all over India, Pakistan, the UK and the Middle East to ensure that not only did they have the right skill set but they also spoke Arabic and had the relevant visa for Dubai
- Unusually for Stopgap, we had to interview candidates over the phone rather than face to face as most were Dubai based.
This candidate needed to have specific requirements:
- FMCG big brand background across relevant countries
- Fluent Arabic and English and visa for Dubai
- Gravitas and the ability to influence, manage and motivate multiple stakeholders across the region
- Happy to be based in Dubai with extended periods in London but also to travel throughout the region
What was the result?
There were over 80 applicants, which we filtered to 10 candidates. We put forward four final applicants who were interviewed in Dubai by the Sales Director. Two of these applicants were taken to second interview. One was felt to be outstanding and was hired!